The second OS does not load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody.
I've just installed EasyBCD 2.3 and have problems about it. I have Windows 7 Home installed on SSD and Windows 7 Ultimate installed on HDD. Both OSs work fine separately.
The first problem is that Win 7 Ultimate on HDD does not load. What is wrong?
The second problem is that after uninstalling EasyBCD I still have the choice of 2 OSs. How can I remove EasyBCD loader?
The third problem is that after playing with EasyBCD settings I have 3 OS. I have only 2 OSs. How can I remove the third entry? In EasyBCD I have only 2 OSs.

That's what I get:
"Windows failed to start. Status: 0x0000428" It suggets repairing Windows which is fully operational.

Last edited by a moderator:
Until someone more expert than myself comes along, try opening EasyBCD, go to BCD Backup/Repair and try the BCD Management Options option #2 "Recreate/Repair Boot Files" and then click Perform Action. You may need to reboot to get it to work.

Thanks for the response. I'll do that definitely. The main problem is the second OS does not load. Any ideas how to fix this?

Delete the entry from EasyBCD and re-enter it? Just a thought, I'm not brilliant at this sort of thing.

Yes, I've done that. I even re-installed the prog. Nothing helps. I think I should look for another program. I like this prog, though

Can you post the "view settings" contents (detailed mode) so that we can see why your BCD entry fails to boot.
Are the OSs on a UEFI PC ?
Are they both either MBR or GPT ?

Thanks for a response.
How can I know/get the stuff you are requesting?
You think all the people here are pros?
I don't have a slightest clue where to get these view settings from. I don't know anything about UEFI or GPT.

Thread closed because we don't have time to help people who don't appreciate the help they're being given.

Please show more respect to our support volunteers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back