The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened

ziomario

Hello to everyone.

At the beginning I'd installed windows 10 with the legacy BIOS-MBR boot mode,but since I needed a Windows 10 installation that was able to boot using the EFI partition style,I have converted the partition scheme from MBR to UEFI with a tool and after this operation I have reinstalled Windows 10 from an old backup. This backup comes from the old BIOS/MBR installation of Windows 10. When I tried to boot Windows,I realized that it was not able to do that (no error message.but blinking cursor). I have so realized that the EFI partition didn't exist. So,I have created a new FAT32 partition and I have repaired the EFI partition following this guide :

How to Restore Deleted EFI System Partition in Windows 10? | Windows OS Hub

it worked,but only partially. Infact,since I need to put the "TESTSIGNING ON",when I gave this command :

Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

I've got this error :

The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.

I tried a lot of methods to fix it,but right now unsuccesfully. Can someone help me ? thanks.

The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid. Windows error message that network users might encounter. Someone else has opened the same file, made some changes, and saved it, while you were working on it.
NomNomNow

Back