Too Many Connections....What the...?

Ex_Brit

Staff member
This morning I decide to go online and I get this displayed right in the centre of the screen. I've never seen it before.

tomanyconnections.jpg

I know my ISP restricts bandwidth and practices various other methods of "streamlining" (i.e. restricting) its customers' downloads but this is ridiculous....I hadn't even got onto the web at all yet...!!!

I just checked my account and out of 100gb monthly bandwidth allowance I've used exacly 0.1% so it isn't me being greedy.

That just came up once or twice in lieu of the web page I was going to. It appears that Rogers, my ISP, is having some problems as even their phone support broke down. I called the regular service number and got a recording that the number was no longer in use and to call their head office, which of course is closed at the weekend.
It took an online chat session to find out that it was now 1-888-ROGERS-1 rather than 1-866-ROGERS-1 (as it has been for the last million years) - nice of them to tell people.
Pity they are the only cableco in town, otherwise I'd switch. The only high-speed alternative is Bell Expressvu which is a satellite link and I have to face south for that...I face north.
Other than that...dial-up...forget that. I love my 10 mbps downloads. (Or whatever they are right now, seem to vary...LOL).

It took an online chat session to find out that it was now 1-888-ROGERS-1 rather than 1-866-ROGERS-1 (as it has been for the last million years) - nice of them to tell people.

LOL, someone has to talk to them, sometimes I really wonder what's wrong with the companies... they don't seem to care about the users. Oh well...

Pity they are the only cableco in town, otherwise I'd switch. The only high-speed alternative is Bell Expressvu which is a satellite link and I have to face south for that...I face north.
Other than that...dial-up...forget that. I love my 10 mbps downloads. (Or whatever they are right now, seem to vary...LOL).

That should be forgotten and never spoken again :tongueout: Lets all forget that it even existed, that'd be for the best, you have no idea how much I hate it. :evil:

Back