TPM problem (dell latitude d620)

Chera64

I have Dell latitude D620. I have replaced my motherboard with a new one.

everything was ok but when I have enabled TPM in Bios setup and restarted the computer the following message appears:

"Warning: The TPM could not be initialized.
Strike the F1 key to continue. F2 to run the setup utility.
Press F5 to run on board diagnostics."

But when I choose any of them (F1 or F2 or F5) the computer resets and the message appears again.

What should I do?

Thasnks,

Thanks Terry

I enabled the TPM chip form bios setup (as it is said in your link). After saving and exiting bios the error appeared and the system resets and the windows can not be loaded. I can not either go to bios setup to disable TPM to boot my computer.

Hit F2 to enter setup and disable it. There's no reason it should be enabled unless you're using BitLocker. In that case let Windows take care of it for you.

Hit F2 to enter setup and disable it. There's no reason it should be enabled unless you're using BitLocker. In that case let Windows take care of it for you.

when I press F2 system resets and does not go to the bios setup and warning message appears again.
I do not use bit locker. If I press f1 to continue, the system resets again and loading from hard does not start at all .

Last edited:
Have you tried striking F2 repeatedly as you power up, before you see any message ?

You'll need to reset the CMOS jumper on your motherboard to put the BIOS settings back to thier defaults. Consult the documentation for your model to find out where its located on your board.

Back