transferring outlook to Win7

iockus

Is it possible to transfer outlook from XP to win7 being and be able to access all past emails? I haven't been able to do this so I have to swap back to XP to access historic emails although I have the accounts running on both.

Do you have Vista ?
Vista Mail can import XP outlook files
W7 has a "null" version of Vista Mail, but you can port the "real" Vista version across to it.
I run Vista mail on W7 with all my old Vista, XP, ME and 95 mail archives imported successfully.
If you're using "live Mail" on W7, doesn't it import OE ?

You can just install Outlook in Windows 7. After done that, transfer/copy the the Outlook Data files (extension: .pst) from it's location: <drive>:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder to the new location of Outlook in Windows 7. If you like, you can define your own Data folder like: D:\My Documents\Outlook and place the data files to that location. In this case you'll need to configure Outlook for to "look" at that location..

For to transfer the settings of Outlook, use the Export Function.

Last edited:
Hi jockus,
what is your Email-Program under Win7-OS?
Win7 normaly come without a Email-Program.

Greetings from Germany,

STRUPPI

You can just install Outlook in Windows 7. After done that, transfer/copy the the Outlook Data files (extension: .pst) from it's location: <drive>:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder to the new location of Outlook in Windows 7. If you like, you can define your own Data folder like: D:\My Documents\Outlook and place the data files to that location. In this case you'll need to configure Outlook for to "look" at that location..

For to transfer the settings of Outlook, use the Export Function.

To add to that: in order for outlook to "look" for your file, just open Outlook, File | Open | PST

Back