Triple boot system with Windows 7, Leopard 10.5.7, and Ubuntu netbook remix.

shep211

I have read a lot of articles about duel booting and before I start the process I wanted to double check that I have the correct information. I want to install a triple boot system with Windows 7, Leopard 10.5.7, and Ubuntu netbook remix.

Step 1
Boot from osx86 DVD that you created to install OSX and partition the drive with Disk Utility. Insure that the Windows partition is first, and is formatted as FAT32. The OSX drive should be formatted as HSF+ (Journaled).

Step 2
Install OSX in the second partition. When that’s done, boot into OSX to insure that everything is good to go.

Step 3
Boot from ubuntu DVD and partition the hard drive. Insure that the Windows partition is first, OSX partition should be 2nd & Ubuntu should be the 3rd partition. When that’s done, boot into Ubuntu to insure that everything is good to go.

Step 4
Boot from Win7 DVD. Make sure Win7 in the first partition and reformat it as NTFS. Install win 7 & when that’s done, boot into win7 to insure that everything is good to go.

Step 5
Install EasyBCD. Click the Add Remove Entries button. In the Add an Entry area, click the Mac tab. Click the Type Tab. Select Generic X86 PC. In the Name dropdown, use the name NST Mac OS X. Click the Save button in the upper right corner

Step 6
Click the Add Remove Entries button. In the Add an Entry area, click the linux tab. Click the Type Tab. Select ubuntu In the Name dropdown, use the name Ubuntu. Click the Save button in the upper right corner

Step 7
Restart and you should see windows boot loader with options for win7, ubuntu and osx86

I hope I got this right. If there is an easier or better way please let me know.

Thank you for the support
Shep211

Last edited:
Windows 7's partition should be formatted as NTFS, create a separate partition formatted as FAT32 for data exchange between the systems. There is no need to reformat W7 partition with NTFS (just format it as NTFS to begin with). Partition order shouldn't matter.

Back