Triple Booting BT3, OSX Leopard, and Vista help!

Icingdeath87

Hello Everyone I'm an very Avid Computer Geek who wants to learn Everything about Computers and Right now I am Setting up My computer To Triple Boot Back Track 3 , Mac OS X Leopard and Windows Vista Ultimate. Ive Done my Research and Have lots of good reasons for this combo of OS's So don't Patronize me about me being crazy or the such.
Here is the Drive Setup as viewed on Vista (Which is my Favorite OS).

Drive (A:smile: 13.0 GB Mac Os x Leopard. (Not Installed yet)
Drive (B:smile: 13.0 GB Back|Track Linux. (Files copied from live CD, Not bootable yet)
Drive (C:smile: 114 GB Windows Vista Ultimate (Installed Fully Functional)
Drive (D:smile: 8.42 GB HP Recovery Boot drive (Came Preinstalled, It Used to work but now Doesnt. I think its cause I changed the Primary Partion a while back.)
Here is the Deal I would like to Use Windows Vista's Boot loader called BCD Edit.
I Have BCD 1.7.1 But Even though It's user Friendly I still Have no Clue What I'm Doing.

This is my Computer Information:
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC
System type: x64-based PC
Processor: ADD Athlon(tm) 64 x2 Duel-Core Processor TK-55 1800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
Ram: 2.00 GB's

I Have No Clue What I'm Doing So any Help Will Be Of utmost importance!

Well the first thing you will have to do is read the sticky thread that says EasyBCD is having trouble with Leopard and not working right as of this time. So adding Leopard to the BCD might not work as planned and there is nothing we can do about that at this time.

Other than that use the Wiki to add the entry for Linux.

Linux - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

Split from other thread.

install the Linux that u have ( install the grub in the linux partition , i don't know how to do it in ur distro but in ubuntu in the last step hit advance and chose ubuntu partition ) then create hfs+ partition using the leopard dvd install ( i recomed ipc 10.5.6 ppp5f & 10.5.7 combo update ) then set it as active, u can do it from the diskpart or from the gparted live cd , then install ur leopard , and the first thing to do is install chameleon bootloader ( i don't recomend easybcd altought i try it out but i switch to chameleon and u will know why when u try it ou ) and bam u will have a sexy bootmanger that handel ur oss

i have dell inspiron 1525, i am running leopard 10.5.7 and vista sp2 , i am trying to install ubuntu but i am havin trouble ( don't worry about my guide , it is whole other thing )

Back