Trouble tri-booting from Dell mini

cybohemia

Hi. I'm trying to get a triple boot system working on my Dell mini 10v (Windows 7, Leopard 10.5.7, Ubuntu 9). I installed Windows and Ubuntu into the second and fourth partitions (the first partition is the 100 Meg partition created by Windows) and Leopard into the third partition. I installed Chameleon 2 with Leopard and the system starts up ok into Leopard and Ubuntu.

I repaired Windows and got it working and then used EasyBCD to add Leopard as well as set it as the default OS. Leopard and Ubuntu now boot up ok again but, when I try to get into Windows, I get a "BOOTMGR is missing" error. Although I was able to repair automatically earlier, the repair feature now says it "could not detect a problem" and the details says, "Boot status indicates that the OS booted successfully."

However, I am unable to boot into Windows. I wonder if I made a mistake in EasyBCD because I had also moved Leopard to the top of the list in addition to making it the default OS (but I probably didn't need to move it to the top of the list).

I was hoping I could run EasyBCD in recovery mode since I am unable to boot into Windows to use it. I was able to install it while in recovery mode (it installed into drive X) but I was unable to run it.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can try? Thanks!

The error I get pops up in an "EasyBCD.exe - Application Error" window:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application"

I am trying to run it in Windows 7 Recovery mode since I am unable to start Windows.

Unfortunately .net isnt available in safe mode, so you won't be able to use EasyBCD. Have you tried the manual recovery steps here?

Back