Troubles booting up Windows 7, have tried different "solutions"

bleher

Hello there. I have now for about one and a half weeks had difficulties with my computer and tried several things to fix it. It kept rebooting itself every 5 seconds or so until I turned off the powersupply. I did some testing and found that it stopped doing this when I removed one of the RAM chips, and I could access BIOS (I tried swapping the two with each other and found out it only happened when one of the chips was connected, I tried both slots as well and have replaced it, well actually both since then I know it would match). There I could not do much and I set it to optimized default settings (or whatever it is called), and my computer goes into Windows error recovery and gives me two choices: start windows normally, or go through the repairthing (not sure of its real name as my windows is not in English). None of which fixes anything for me. Anyway, here are the problemsignatures I get when I run the repairthingie:

Problemsignature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problemsignature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problemsignature 03: unknown
Problemsignature 04: 21200298
Problemsignature 05: AutoFailover
Problemsignature 06: 15
Problemsignature 07: NoRootCause

It should be noted that I have tried several things other than this. I have among other things removed and then put back the BIOS battery, I have also gone into the cmd-thing and used some commands to try to fix things (bootrec /fixmbr, bootrec /fixboot), also in cmd I tried the "chkdsk" command, but it would say that it can't do anything since it's read-only. I also formated the whole C: disc, which I thought would've made everything go back to default, but it did not. I do have the backup disc that came with the computer (I ordered my computer about a year ago fully put together (was on offer)). I am now asking here hoping that someone could shed some light on my situation. I am ok with having to format my other drive as well if this is necessary.

My specs are:
Cooler Master Elite 430
Silver Power SP - SS500 500W PSU
Intel LGA1155 Core i5 - 2500K
MSI H61MU - E35 B3, Socket - 1155
Kingston DDR3 1333MHz 4GBx2 (now replaced with Corsair DDR3 133MHz XMS3 4GBx2)
Gainward GeForce GTX560 1GB PCI-E
Corsair SSD Force Series 3, 60GB

Other than this, I have only installed another SSD drive, which was less than a month after receiving the computer. If there is any other information you need in order to help me, please let me know. Thank you for any response.

Oh and I just remembered, what actually does happen when it tries to start up windows, is that a blue screen appears before it quickly disappears and reboots. The message that does appear (since I disabled "restart automatically on crash" ) is something about using the "chkdsk /f" in the cmd thing, which I did and it said it was read-only. The number/code thingie on the blue screen is "0x0000007B".

How it started: My computer has frozen a few times before, but only for a few seconds at a time. Well about a week ago or so it froze and didn't respond to anything (meaning my mousecursor wasn't moving or anything), so I gave it a few minutes and then hit reboot. That was when it (the constant rebooting every 5 seconds or so) started. And regarding what my computer was doing when it froze, it was just opening Unity 3d (a program we use with what I am currently studying).

Make sure that you're pointing chkdsk at the correct partition
Microsoft Corporation
just running it without a target will run against the current OS (in your case probably a repair CD - hence "read only")

Hi bleher, First, you can enter bios setup even if there is no operating system installed, if you have cleared the cmos you should reset the time and date before going any further, now check that the boot order is dvd/cd rom, hard drive, removable. if you do not have a floppy drive then check that the floppy seek option is disabled. In security check to see if there is any option to enable PAE,NX and SSE2. Secondly, if you have formatted the HDD, there will be no OS to boot up to and you have to perform a clean install. A common cause of display freezing can be the graphics card going into an infinite loop. I suggest that you install just one hard drive, insert your installation disc and restart, you should see the HDD recognised on the boot screen and then "press any key" to boot from cd when prompted. This will start the installation process, as the installation progresses your PC will restart several times and the press any key message will appear, IGNORE this and just let it run till complete.

Last edited:
Back