two problems: 1)driver related 2) usb 2.0 issue

I have a self built rig. My mother is an MSI P6N SLI Platinum. I have a triple boot setup. XP, WIN 7 and Ubuntu all on their own partiton. I've always kept my data on a seprate HDD.

The main problems I'm having are driver realted and a problem with USB 2.0.

When I boot into my windows 7 I always have to re-install the sound card and network card drivers. ALWAYS. This started a few months ago. I never had a problem before. The process is easy just click and go, but it's getting annoying. I've already ran virus and malware programs to clean. No threats. Anyone know why this is happening? XP and ubuntu I have no problem.

2nd problem is that all my usb ports are not being detected as 2.0. I always get a message saying "this device will perform much faster on a 2.0 port" I've tried all the ports and get the same message. It takes an hour to transfer a 700mb .avi to a usb stick, where at work it only takes 20 minutes.

Thanks. Anymore info needed? Sorry but I'm at work.

For the 2nd issue you need to go to the MSI website and get your chipset drivers. They should include the USB 2.0 drivers.

As for the first Start>Command (Right click Run as Admin)>sfc /scannow

Do that and have Windows check the integrity of the files.

NVIDIA nForce 650 SLI System Drivers::

Ethernet Driver (v67.15) "WHQL"
Network Management Tools (v67.27) "Sedona"
SMBus Driver (v4.57) "WHQL"
Installer (v5.41)
WinXP IDE SataRAID Driver (v6.92) "WHQL"
WinXP IDE SataIDE Driver (v6.92) "WHQL"
WinXP RAIDTOOL Application (v6.92) "Sedona"

Vista 32/64 Ver: 12.0.0.49974
Ethernet Driver (v65.55) WHQL
SMBus Driver (v4.60) WHQL
Installer (v5.40)
IDE SataRAID Driver (v9.31) WHQL
IDE SataIDE Driver (v9.31) WHQL
RAIDTOOL Application (v9.31)
SMU (v1.23) WHQL
I don't see where it says chipset driver. I'll try to use the driver CD.

Addendum:

DOUBLE POST::

"Windows did not find any discrepancies in integrity" Maybe I should do the scan when the drivers aren't re-installed.

Thanks for the suggestions by the way.

Last edited:
Back