Ubuntu 10.04 LTS will be released on April 29, 2010.

Sarge

Distinguished Member
Hey guys, I am happy to mention that new version of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS will be out soon! I can't wait, new KDE and Gnome look beautiful :smile: I am trying really hard not to download BETA 2 :grinning:

The final stable version will be released on April 29, 2010.

Cheers :smile:

Hiya Sarge! Long time no see my friend!

I'm waiting for it eagerly - the server edition (used on NST) should fix a couple of annoying bugs that affect server reliability.

Perfect timing for re-install on my laptop. I'm about to push XP into a VM since I basically don't use it any more. Out with XP and in with Ubuntu. I'm just hoping it won't be a complete nightmare trying to get wireless working again.

Hiya Sarge! Long time no see my friend!

I'm waiting for it eagerly - the server edition (used on NST) should fix a couple of annoying bugs that affect server reliability.

Hiya Mahmoud! Yeah.. long time, life is wild as always, as you know, but, good things are coming, good things. :smile:

Perfect timing for re-install on my laptop. I'm about to push XP into a VM since I basically don't use it any more. Out with XP and in with Ubuntu. I'm just hoping it won't be a complete nightmare trying to get wireless working again.

I know exactly what you mean by getting wireless to work on ubuntu laptop. I'm hoping for that as well.

Last edited:
Why is it that every single release I always here "maybe this time I can get wireless working on my Linux machine?"

Seriously. Ever since the world was introduced to linux, it seems that no one can get wi-fi support going right in it!?

Well, if they could stop shipping wireless drivers that we end up having to blacklist release after release and pre-install the latest versions of ndiswrapper that would make life easier.

Back