UEFI Bios issues

I am having a problem with the new BIOS from Asus and I cannot make it work. I have a set-up with 4 Operating systems on 3 discs. One normal hard drive which has Windows Xp and Windows Vist64 on it. One SSD sata drive with Windows 8 and one SSD PCIE drive which has Windows 7.

Win 7 is my default boot. And with the present version of a UEFI Bios all is ok. However Asus have released 2 BIOS updates and when I installed those It gave me problems. The problems were that my boot into Win 7 was ok, and I eventually got things set-up so I could boot into Win 8, but when I came out of Win 8 back to Win 7 I got an error, cannot find disc. And this goes round and round. I fix it so I can boot into Win 7 and then Win 8 and then it fails coming out of Win 8, and it happens every time.

I have used EasyBCD to try and solve this problem but I have not succeeded.:angry:

I wonder if anyone can tell me why this version of the UEFI Bios is different from the version I have.

Check the new BIOS for the same option and see if you can turn it on. I doubt they deprecated it.

If it's not there: If you want to continue to be able to boot into XP at all - yes. Otherwise, you'll probably need to reinstall Windows 7 to make it work with the update.

Check the new BIOS for the same option and see if you can turn it on. I doubt they deprecated it.

If it's not there: If you want to continue to be able to boot into XP at all - yes. Otherwise, you'll probably need to reinstall Windows 7 to make it work with the update.

At the moment I can boot into all 3 operating systems with no problems at all. If I upgrade the BIOS to a newer version, it does not seem to matter what I do, I cannot achieve the same set up as I have now. Win 8 changes the BIOS priority and I cannot seem to get out of that loop.

Which motherboard and BIOS? I ask because I have the Rampage IV Extreme with BIOS 3404 and it includes the legacy option; I do not have Win8 installed so that could be what is causing your problem.

My mobo is P8Z77 WS and I am currently using BIOS Version 3105, I tried 3205 and 3302, and both gave me problems such as described above. I have the legacy option enabled but that doesn't help in my case. It's very odd because 3105 is a UEFI BIOS also. It definitely has something to do with Win 8. So if you install this in a dual boot situation, be prepared for some problems.

Back