Unable to dual boot to Ubuntu 11.04 along Windows 7

buddy123

The Story goes like this...

My Windows 7 was working well and fine until i found Ubuntu 11.04 in a magazine DVD, and then without looking i installed Ubuntu in D: drive giving it 30 GB of space. Later on, it stopping booting to Windows but was booting only to Ubuntu. I tried all the ways to fix the bug but to no avail, so after a week i finally reinstalled windows 7 back on C: drive overwriting the old OS.

Now my problem i am not able to dual boot Ubuntu OS which is present in D: drive. Even after adding the entry into the EasyBCD.

Could anybody assist me in this regard.:glare:

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Are you using EasyBCD 2.1 and adding it as a GRUB2 entry?

buddy123

I am using EasyBCD version 2.0.2.117 and tried to update with Grub (Legacy), the first option. What are the option to be set?

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
No, use the GRUB2 option.

buddy123

Yes, i used the grub2 option, and then my system ran into trouble. Then i repaired windows startup, and then i got inside windows!!

Please suggest the proper method.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
"my system ran into trouble" tells me nothing useful.

buddy123

I selected Grub2 type under Linux Operating System, but below below that Device option was disabled(it was displaying "automatically configured").

And then i booted the system later i faced the problem with windows startup as well. It was neither going to Windows nor to Linux.

This was the problem i faced!

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
It's really, really hard to help when you're not being descriptive enough.

"i faced the problem with windows startup as well."

What does that mean?

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Nevermind.