hi - i need some advice on how best to recover an issue i caused myself...
- I had a machine with a brand new hard disk, which i split into three primary partitions
- i installed vista sp1 to the fist partition and the 2nd partition, so i had to separate instances of vista on the disk
- i then installed easybcd onto the instance of vista on the second partition. the software recognised two entries, both named Microsoft Windows Vista
- i wanted an quick visual way to distinguish between each instance of vista, so i then
- went into easybcd and created two new entries, the fist pointed to the C: partitoin i named it Vista - 1. The second new entry i pointed to the d: partition and named it Vista - 2.
- I then deleted both orginal entries in easybcd that were named Microsoft Windows Vista
- I rebooted the machine
- Im now presented with a message 'unexpected error' and asked to use the recovery disk