Uninstall EasyBCD Problem

buckwheat410

How do I revert the boot process to the point before installing EasyBCD? Before the installation of EasyBCD, I only had Vista installed on the C: partition on my new PC. Turning on the PC would automatically boot Vista. Here's what I did next:

1.) Copy the XP image from my old PC to D: partition of New PC.
2.) Install EasyBCD
3.) Configure EasyBCD to Dual boot between XP and Vista on new PC
4.) Vista will boot OK from EasyBCD boot screen ... XP will not.
5.) Uninstall EasyBCD

However, when I boot the new PC, I still get the EasyBCD boot screen. What do I need to do in order to get my new PC to automatically boot Vista like it did before, without having to select it on the EasyBCD boot screen. Any help would be appreciated.

The reson XP will no boot is because you use a image from you old PC. That config for XP does not match your current configuration on this PC. From motherboard to processor to sound card and so on. That is why XP will not boot.

The EasyBCD bootscreen that you are talking about is just the Vista bootloader. It isnt the EasyBCD bootscreen. That screen would be there if you installed XP correctly.

To remove it just remove the XP entry and then the screen should go away. Either that or follow the steps in the Wiki on fixing the Vista bootloader:

Repairing the Windows Vista Bootloader - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

Back