Uninstall EasyBCD

I need to remove EasyBCD and set the MBR's of the 2 partitions back to normal.
Windows 7 and XP partitions.
I found nothing in the wiki or guides to help.

The un-installation should be available at your Control Panel, and XP's and Win7's respective "startup repair" utilities on their installation disks *should* put your MBR/s back to original as long as Win7 is in a partition on your *first* hard drive ... but Win7's "startup repair" is really flakey and might not find or fix anything at all.

2 partitions on one HDD ?
Or 2 HDDs ?
What's the current status of each ?
Why do you need to reset both. Is neither working ?
Is this the same problem as your previous thread ?
If so, why didn't you post in that, so we can refer back ?

Last edited:
I need to remove EasyBCD and set the MBR's of the 2 partitions back to normal.
Windows 7 and XP partitions.
I found nothing in the wiki or guides to help.

Well the issue you are having is cause you tried to port the BCD itself and not the program. So now your going to have to use the XP CD to fix the boot.ini that boots XP and then insert the Win7 DVD and use the startup recovery to fix the BCD.

But doing so will not guarantee that your going to get a dual boot system. Upon repairing the BCD you will most likely just see the option to boot Win7. Which will leave you right back to where you are now. Trying to add an option to boot to XP.

EasyBCD can be removed just by going into the Control Panel and uninstalling it. Then just delete the folders.

OK The current situation is that the drive is 2000 miles from me and won't boot on their computer.
No way I can boot it up and make the changes. The client decided not to mail it back so I could boot it on my system and undo the BCD settings.
Sorry about this post that was made before the the client changed their mind about returning the drive for the 10 min tweak.
I do appreciate everyones help. I will know next time not to set EasyBCD until the drive is in it's home computer.

Back