Used easybcd to delete os but I deleted win 7 os

Han Solo

Since I deleted win 7 OS, I am not able to boot to win 7. I am getting the following:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer
2. Choose your language settings and then click "next"
3. Click "repair your computer"

File: \Boot\BCD
Info: The Windows Boot Configuration Data file does not contain a valid OS entry.

Since I deleted win 7 OS, I am not able to boot to win 7.

Yes this would be completely expected. If you delete the Win7 OS entry, you wouldnt not be able to boot to Win7. How could you boot to something that no longer exists?

It seems I fixed it although I didn't exactly use the guide to the letter. For the record I do have a recovery disc that I used but it wouldn't repair anything. So I decided to use the command prompt procedure but it stated that the path couldn't be found (C drive). I tried using the installation disc but that didn't help because it went straight to installing windows. When I tried to reboot normally it stated that the mbr was missing so went back to the recovery disc for which I followed the system repair prompts and that seemed to do the trick. In the future what can I do to omit the boot screen when I start the computer. Can I use easybcd for that?

Back