Using EasyBCD with a HDD enclosure

Greetings!
Quick question.... Is it possible to use EasyBCD on a corrupt MBR HDD using an enclosure? If so, please describe in detail.
If not, please describe in detail, how to use the EasyBCD .iso

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I'm not clear on what you're trying to do?
Thanks for the reply! I'm trying to use the Easy BCD software. My 1st question was/is, is this software effective with a corrupted OS using a HDD enclosure?
If not, I need detailed instructions on how to use the .iso image on the bootable CD I created. The GUI is totally different than what shows up on a functional OS.
Right now the corrupt HDD is in an enclosure but it would be no thing to put it back into the laptop.
I've tried using the.iso repair disks, NeoSmart provides, to no avail. I keep getting a critical driver error...... \windows\system32\drivers\vimiwqti.sys.
The computer is a Toshiba Satellite L305-s5947
2GB RAM..... Intel Celeron processor 900....
If any other info is needed, feel free to ask.

THX in advance!

How did you create the recovery disc ?
There's no ISO on the CD.
The ISO becomes a CD when you burn it with ISO burning software.
Did you follow these instructions for downloading the ISO.
The whole of the downloaded file, should be burned with a compatible app.
We recommend Imgburn, because it's free and it works.

How did you create the recovery disc ?
There's no ISO on the CD.
The ISO becomes a CD when you burn it with ISO burning software.
Did you follow these instructions for downloading the ISO.
The whole of the downloaded file, should be burned with a compatible app.
We recommend Imgburn, because it's free and it works.

Reading what I wrote, I see how that would not be to clear. I DID use ImgBurn to create a bootable disk (of EasyBCD). My question is, what do I do (as far as which program/switch) to effectively use the bootable disk; because that GUI is very different from the standard software GUI. Bottom line.... When the bootable disk loads the application, what do I do next? In detail please. THX again.

You can't run EasyBCD from the bootable CD. To fix the bootloader with the bootable CD, see the instructions here: Recovering the Vista Bootloader from the DVD - EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki
I've done all of that before even trying to use Easy BCD. None of the options worked, because I don't have a repair disks that allows the bootsect.exe command. Is there anything else I can try?
I'm assuming Easy BCD doesn't work on a drive in a HDD enclosure?
Would a clean install be a viable solution?
Thanks again!

I've done all of that before even trying to use Easy BCD. None of the options worked, because I don't have a repair disks that allows the bootsect.exe command. Is there anything else I can try?
I'm assuming Easy BCD doesn't work on a drive in a HDD enclosure?
Would a clean install be a viable solution?
Thanks again!
Anybody have any info on this?
THX!

It depends on your BIOS. If your BIOS will load the USB mass storage protocols at boot time, it should work.

Just an update (for those who may find themselves in the same position)..... I've FINALLY got this POS working with optimal performance (patting myself on the back)! I tried using EasyBCD, Ultimate Boot CD, Hirens boot CD, and countless other software (and manual attempts to build/repair the MBR. There was one rogue driver that stood in the way of every repair attempt (windows..system32..drivers..vimiwqti.sys. I was able to back up program/user data files by means of a HDD enclosure, and burn that to DVD. I simply used my trusty Win 98 CD (for the Fdisk utility) to totally wipe the disk. Then I used a Vista install CD (from another manufacturer) to install/load Vista... It worked! to a degree... I had a skeleton copy of Vista (no NIC drivers, USB drivers, etc) on this machine (that ALL the other apps told me, the HDD was corrupt or infected). I then installed Win 7 ultimate (legit) on top of that, which then added ALL necessary drivers to have a complete machine (all within 2 hours time)! I guess the bottom line is, it's good to have all those (other) utilities, but it's even better to gain/retain the older(legacy) software. OnE! Read more: | Page 2 | MySpace Forums

Back