Using EasyBCD with Mint 17.1 and Windows 7 on two separate SSDs

Ed1975

Hi Guys, I'm new here.

I've successfully used EasyBCD in the past with Windows variants and now I want to multi-boot Windows 7 and Linux Mint (Grub2), with an option in the BCD to load either one.

Windows is on my C drive and Mint is on a completely separate SSD (don't know the drive letter as Windows cannot read the drive).

But I'm having some problems.

I set Linux up as an OS in the app and point it to "boot". EasyBCD cannot see my Linux drive, so I have assumed "boot" is where I need to point it to? My setup looks like this:

There are a total of 2 entries listed in the bootloader.

Default: Windows 7
Timeout: 8 seconds
EasyBCD Boot Device: C:\

Entry #1
Name: Windows 7
BCD ID: {current}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Entry #2
Name: Mint 17.1
BCD ID: {eb4bf42e-9c73-11e4-93fb-cdee18665b25}
Device: boot
Bootloader Path: \NST\AutoNeoGrub0.mbr

When I boot the PC, I get the BCD option of Windows 7 or Mint. But when I choose Mint, I get the following black-screen error message:

"Windows failed to start...File: \NST\AutoNeoGrub0.mbr. Status: 0xc000000f. Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt."

Does anyone have any experience of using EasyBCD when Linux is on a *separate* drive?

Thanks for any assistance
icon_smile.gif
Ed

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

PS - I should mention Win 7 is 64-bit and my BIOS is UEFI I believe (or whatever it's called)

UEFI Windows cannot boot Linux (MS, not EasyBCD)
You'll need to let grub take the lead and use it to chain W7.

Back