Using EasyBCD with Mint 17.1 and Windows 7 on two separate SSDs

Hi Guys, I'm new here.

I've successfully used EasyBCD in the past with Windows variants and now I want to multi-boot Windows 7 and Linux Mint (Grub2), with an option in the BCD to load either one.

Windows is on my C drive and Mint is on a completely separate SSD (don't know the drive letter as Windows cannot read the drive).

But I'm having some problems.

I set Linux up as an OS in the app and point it to "boot". EasyBCD cannot see my Linux drive, so I have assumed "boot" is where I need to point it to? My setup looks like this:

There are a total of 2 entries listed in the bootloader.

Default: Windows 7
Timeout: 8 seconds
EasyBCD Boot Device: C:\

Entry #1
Name: Windows 7
BCD ID: {current}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Entry #2
Name: Mint 17.1
BCD ID: {eb4bf42e-9c73-11e4-93fb-cdee18665b25}
Device: boot
Bootloader Path: \NST\AutoNeoGrub0.mbr

When I boot the PC, I get the BCD option of Windows 7 or Mint. But when I choose Mint, I get the following black-screen error message:

"Windows failed to start...File: \NST\AutoNeoGrub0.mbr. Status: 0xc000000f. Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt."

Does anyone have any experience of using EasyBCD when Linux is on a *separate* drive?

Thanks for any assistance

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

PS - I should mention Win 7 is 64-bit and my BIOS is UEFI I believe (or whatever it's called)

Knows where his towel is.
Staff member
UEFI Windows cannot boot Linux (MS, not EasyBCD)
You'll need to let grub take the lead and use it to chain W7.