"Value Cannot be null. Parameter name: item"

MNICY

When i click on "Add/Remove Entries", i get this error and the program crashes.
edit: it seems to be fixed. thanks

Last edited:

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Hi MNICY, welcome to NeoSmart Technologies.

Any idea what was causing it before it fixed itself? Did you send the error report?

bok

I have been encountering the same error and have sent a bug report. I suspect its related to a partially corrupted BCD. I'm trying to repair it. The EasyBCD Reset BCD storage feature didn't seem to do anything. Also I can longer get into Windows RE from the installation media.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Hi bok,

Welcome to NST. Can did you try the latest 1.61 beta? We've rewritten the repair/reset BCD code in there.

Aelius

Hello everyone!

I had the same problem last week. The problem was that my bootloader timeout was set to zero. When I set it back to "3" manually, EasyBCD was up and running again.

It's a nice piece of software, I guess M$ will eventually place a bid on NeoSmart...:??

P.S: would be a nice idea to allow anonymus posting, at least in the bug report area. I had to register just to post this comment and, quite frankly, almost give up when realized that.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Hi Aelius,

That's a good thought - we'll definitely be considering it.

The bootloader 0-timeout bug is a known issue in 1.6 final and is fixed in the latest 1.61 beta build should you care to try it.

Glad you like EasyBCD.