Virtual Haircut - Audio Illusions

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Note: You need to use a headphone for this to work!

Download the MP3 file below and play it, the 3D audio effect is incredible!
"Holophonic" sound effects make it seem like what you're hearing is real. Just close your eyes and sink into the sound, and you'll hardly believe it's not actually happening!

Download: Virtual Haircut (3.1 MiB)

That was awesome.
It sounded so real especially the part where he snaps his fingers or when he whispers in your ear.
The funny thing was my computer detected a virus while i was listening and it made that Donkey sound LOL

Addendum:

is there anyway that this can be included in movies?
That would be real surround sound, imagine playing Bioshock or Doom with this. Or watching a horror movie

Last edited:
It can be included in any 1st person media (i.e. an FPS)....

But how is the question. This is static content, it doesn't change with the environment, actions you take, etc.

But in a game, someone will shoot, someone won't. Bombs explode in different places, and other bombs don't.

How? When? Where?

That can't be pre-determined, so it's not really possible.

Half Life 2 Episode Two has surround sound, so if the train passes on your left side you'll hear it :smile: or if someone walks or shoots you'll know how far is that object or is it moving or not, I loved it :smile: Source became something I like. :lol:

For example while a character was talking next to me, I'd make a circle around myself and it really sounds like its from behind, a side or in front of me the character is speaking :smile:

PS. There is something big in Ron!n's signature.

Last edited:
For example while a character was talking next to me, I'd make a circle around myself and it really sounds like its from behind, a side or in front of me the character is speaking :smile:

Yeah i remember that, same thing in COD4. I just didnt know its the same thing.
Only problem is they sometimes dont follow you so they keep talking into the air.

Yeah my signature kind of got messed up. I tries posting both pictures, but the I.P. address one got deleted. So i hosted it on Img Shack but the whole page got posted.
Thanks for the heads up Sarge, its actually a carbon copy so it was showing my IP Address and stuff not the viewer's.
Anyways if Guru could fix it up i'd be much obliged.

Addendum:

Kahai the bwgen.exe doesnt work, it says it is not a valid windows application

Last edited:
Kahai, it worked thanks anyways.
i downloaded it again and it worked.

Addendum:

It hurts your brain!!!!
Especially the 2nd hypnosis one, my eyes got all out of focus.
Its very cool.

Last edited:
wait cg you were sayong surround sound is the brain calculating well i have surround sound hooked up at my house and it gives music from one the sound of a weapon dropping from another and the talk from another

Ronin,

the programs i put up are binaural beats, at first they may hurt your head, but if you listen to the entire thing, it is supposed to help you (whatever the thing says it does, it will do)

the creativity one works, and so does the relaxation ones

you have to listen to the whole thing remember

Back