Vista 64 and XP 32 not working with EAsyBCD

tocallox

I got 2 Hard-drives but my problem is the following. On 1 hard-drive i've installed Vista 64 bits cause at the time i had only 1 hd not 2. So there was no problem with only 1 HD. But couple of weeks later i had a problem with my HD with vista 64 on it, so i removed it and bought another HD and install XP 32bit on it. So at that moment i had only one hd installed on my machine. But i got my HD back with vista 64 bits on it. So with 2 Hard drive with each an OS on it (with only 1 partion per disk which is the c:\ drive on both) i want to use both of them.

One thing is special; in my bios i only see 1 HD at any time on my boot sequence. So i deceided to choose the HD with Vista 64. So far i can boot on my Vista 64 bits without any problem. My main problem comes from my xp 32 bits. Each time i choose xp 32 bits it's rebooting back to my menu where i see my choice of OS. I cannot log in XP 32 bits.

Is my problem caused by the fact that my bios only see one of my HD or it's another problem like a setting that i didn't saw in EasyBCD?

THk for you advices

P.S. my Board is an Asus p5e and i got 2 identical HD (seagate 500 GO 32mo)

BCD 1.7.2
There are a total of 2 entries listed in the Vista Bootloader.
Bootloader Timeout: 30 seconds.
Default OS: Vista 64bits

Entry #1

Name: Vista 64bits
BCD ID: {current}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe
Windows Directory: \Windows

Entry #2

Name: XP 32bits
BCD ID: {f107b43f-a52b-11dd-b7f2-001fc635d93b}
Drive: F:\
Bootloader Path: \NTLDR

On change setting
I got Vista 64bits on the c drive (click save setting each time) and XP 32bits on the f: drive (default os is vista

64 bits)

On add/remove entries
vista 64bits (the first one)
xp 32bits (the second one)

Advanced options
Select an OS
Vista 64 bits ( i got this one selected)

Manage bootloader
I got reinstall the Vista bootloader selected
I click on the Write MBR

Change the Drive for XP to C: since that is the boot drive. From there make sure that the boot.ini, NTLDR and NTDETECT files are in teh root of the Vista drive.

Ok if i copy those 3 files on the c:\ of my Vista 64 i think i need to change the boot.ini to indicate rdisk(1) so xp will know where to boot???:lup:

Back