Vista Blue Screen & unable to boot

Jake the Man!

I downloaded 4 drivers hoping that would do it and it did. You are a genious!!! Can you thing of other things I need to download since I am starting from scratch? I am putting windows XP on shortly. I am sooooooooo happy. Thanks for your expertise.

Misskitty

Why are you reinstalling XP?
Do the rest of the devices work alright in XP?
Check to see if there are any yellow question marks or exclamation points in your Device Manager (Start menu>right click on "My Computer">Manage>Device Manager).

Jake,

I checked devices and there are two pad icons with squiggle lines and under them is a red ! Also, I mean't to say MS Office XP. My disc would only download the media sections but not the office part. This is a legitimate disc with a key that we have used on several computers (it is only a single use - we just did not download updates). I think I may have been zapped. What do you think?>.<

misskitty:lup::lup::lup:

Jake,

I checked devices and there are two pad icons with squiggle lines and under them is a red !
Please post a screenshot of your Device Manager, with the part you describe visible.
Also, I mean't to say MS Office XP. My disc would only download the media sections but not the office part. This is a legitimate disc with a key that we have used on several computers (it is only a single use - we just did not download updates). I think I may have been zapped. What do you think?>.<

misskitty:lup::lup::lup:
Also post screenshots of that situation as well. :smile: Because basically I don't have a clue what you mean by "Also, I mean't to say MS Office XP. My disc would only download the media sections but not the office part." :brows: If you meant, you have a Microsoft Office CD (version of which is for XP), and are using it to try to install MS Office, then ok, that makes more sense...
But I honestly don't know what you mean by "My disk would only download the media sections but not the office part". AFAIK, the disk does all the *installing* of MS Office, and any updates/downloads, etc. are all done by the installed program itself (NOT the CD). :wink:

Jake,

I am sorry that I am not clear. I have an xp office program disc that I tried to add to my Dell Inspiron laptop and it would only load the media portion, not the office portion (word, excel etc). The office programs do not show up under the start menu - programs. This is a legitimate program with a key. It has been used on several computers - but was not a multiple use program. Has the key been deactivated by MS? I will send you a screen shot of the devices on my computer asap.

Thanks for your patience, I hope I am not frustrating you :scared:

miss kitty

Jake,

Here are the screen shots. The second picture one is what I what talking about and I believe the first one is what you really wanted to see. I don't know why I didn't see the yellow question marks the first time, dah!

Let me know what you think about the yellow question marks and the MS Office CD program problem???????

misskitty

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 1
You cannot use Office until you have installed it using the Office media. While not required right away you should go ahead and activate it the first time you lanuch an Office program. Many of the above remaining devices under "Other Devices" are still missing drivers. You can download most if not all from Dell's support page under your model. WU may provide you with optional updates to update your video driver as well. In XP open IE -> Tools -> Windows Update. Click the custom option (not express). Any driver updates WU has well be under "Optional" or "Software" updates that you'll need to check before installing updates.

Last edited:
Back