Vista Boot CD

Jrd3478

I am trying to get that vista boot CD posted on this site. I downloaded the torrent file and used utorrent to receive it. The problem I have now is that I didnt get a .iso file i got a .rar. I extracted that but cannot burn any of those files to a cd using Imgburn.

Can I get some help please =D

Justin

Hi Justin, welcome to NST
Did you follow the instructions here ?
ie

Instructions
  1. Download the appropriate .torrent file from above that corresponds to the version of Windows Vista you have installed.
  2. Download and run µTorrent.
  3. Open the .torrent file you downloaded with µTorrent. (File -> Add Torrent)
  4. Select where you want µTorrent to save the Vista Recovery Disc.
  5. Wait for it to download.
  6. Burn the .iso file that µTorrent downloaded to a CD using these instructions.
  7. When you want to use the recovery center, put the CD in your drive and boot from it. This is usually done by pressing F8 at startup, or changing the boot drive order in the BIOS

To avoid future confusion let me add here that the disc is only for recovery operations, not re-installs. So you need to use the "Repair my computer" link instead of "Install Now" after you have booted from it.

Hi Justin, welcome to NST
Did you follow the instructions here ?
ie

Instructions
  1. Download the appropriate .torrent file from above that corresponds to the version of Windows Vista you have installed.
  2. Download and run µTorrent.
  3. Open the .torrent file you downloaded with µTorrent. (File -> Add Torrent)
  4. Select where you want µTorrent to save the Vista Recovery Disc.
  5. Wait for it to download.
  6. Burn the .iso file that µTorrent downloaded to a CD using these instructions.
  7. When you want to use the recovery center, put the CD in your drive and boot from it. This is usually done by pressing F8 at startup, or changing the boot drive order in the BIOS

Yes I did when I downloaded the torrent i got that .rar , extracted it and got this

folder called boot containing

bcd - URL:tongueout:rotocol file
boot.sdi
bootfix.bin

folder called sources containing

boot.wim

and then just a file called

bootmgr - URL:tongueout:rotocol file

Back