Vista Corrupt Registry, Help Needed

Gee

My computer will jsut keep restarting and goin to system repair and it wont fix the problem and i keep getting this as my problem

Problem Event Name: StartupRepairV2
Problem Signature 01: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6000.16386.60.6000.1638
Problem Signature 03: 6
Problem Signature 04: 1048532
Problem Signature 05: Corrupt Registry
Problem Signature 06: Corrupt Registry
Problem Signature 07: 1009
Problem Signature 08: 3
Problem Signature 09: RollbackRegistry
Problem Signature 10: 0

and i also can't get into safe mode any help on how u solved it???
also i dont have any system restore points

Hey Gee, welcome to NeoSmart Technologies.

If you have no system restore points, no complete PC backup, and a corrupt registry, you're between a rock and a very hard place.

Only thing you can try is to press F8 during the boot sequence and choose "Last known good configuration" and see if that works for ya.

I have this same problem after first trying to solve a
Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.
This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external usb drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart you computer

Info: an unexpected i/o error has occurred

problem.

I just tried hitting F8 while booting the disk, and after showing the loading the Windows files bar, it led me to the Advance Boot Options which are giving me the options you list above. I'm don't know as much as I'd like about computers, so I have no idea what to do from here.

I have an external hard drive at the ready in case I only have the option to restore my computer to factory settings. I just want to be able to get my personal files in there.

Help please! I've trying to fix this damn thing for days now. :|

Select last known good configuration and if its not working then yes a re-install/factory reset to default settings well be needed. You may use an Ubuntu live disc to rescue your files to the external media before proceeding.

When I tried the last known good configuration with the CD in, it just brought me back to the CD's menu. When I took the CD out, choose last good configuration again, it led me to a black screen with just the cursor, then after a while it restarted itself and got stuck on the green loading bar for a while ... then started checking for files or something (CHKDSK) ... then restarted itself ... and did it all again. It gave me the option to skip it, so I did, and I'm back to the black screen with just the cursor. >.<

Anyway, I'll be downloading Ubuntu next. My only question is do I use the Vista Recovery CD to restore to factory settings?http://neosmart.net/forums/ubuntu.com

My only question is do I use the Vista Recovery CD to restore to factory settings?
If you're referring to the Neosmart vista recovery disk, then, No, you'll need a recovery CD from your OEM for that.
However, you can boot your NST disk, access the Command Prompt, and do:

Code:
diskpart
select disk 0
list volume
chkdsk /r X:
where the "X" is replaced with the correct drive letter for your "active" partition, shown in the "list volume" command.

Try again, but don't skip the chkdsk. It'll take ages but it's attempting to fix your problem for you.

Try again, but don't skip the chkdsk. It'll take ages but it's attempting to fix your problem for you.
Okay, I'll keep at it. But I'm giving up if it takes more than 24 hrs. lol

Coolname007, thanks for the advise. I'll have to check if I have a recovery CD or NST disk.

While it's grinding away, use your communication PC to download the Ubuntu distro previously mentioned.
Once you've burned it to CD, it'll be a very useful tool.
In the event that your PC ultimately needs a factory-reset, you'll be able to use it to rescue your user files.
Let me say now (I had an embarassing experience a while ago of helping someone to lose all their data by failing to state what I thought was the obvious), when you boot the Linux CD, you must choose the 1st ("run Linux without changing your computer") option, not the Install option.

While it's grinding away, use your communication PC to download the Ubuntu distro previously mentioned.

Let me say now (I had an embarassing experience a while ago of helping someone to lose all their data by failing to state what I thought was the obvious), when you boot the Linux CD, you must choose the 1st ("run Linux without changing your computer") option, not the Install option.
Ubuntu downloaded and burned to CD. :smile: But thanks for including that second part. I'm going to be following these instructions to get my stuff back ... if this disk check thing never stops.

Btw, its it supposed to be giving me the same info over and over? I ask, because I haven't noticed any change whatsoever. It always lists some file it deleted and recovered again right before it makes the computer restart. And its always the same file.

Every time I put the CD back in, it finds something to fix. I guess that is a good thing, but its all giving me a headache. lol I'll try the chkdsk with it, if this last disk repair attempt doesn't fix the problem (s). :smile:

Back