vista crash

wmauctions

I need to know how to make a USB bootable Vista recovery . resaon beeing

I have tried all the normal ways to fix this crash
none have worked

I need to boot as soon as computer starts.

if that makes any scence.!!

Win Vista 32 bit
laptop

Last edited:
I also have Vista and mine has crashed. I'm being told a number of different things. HP has told me that an update was not downloaded or that it couldn't be because Vista is not compatible with the latest update and I need to go to windows 7. Someone else told me it crashed because I did not have enough memory. I did a memory diagnostic test just before it crashed and it failed. Will the problem be solved if I just add more memory? And will I have to reinstall windows and if so can I install windows 7 instead? And can I use a windows 7 disc that is from a friends computer?

I need to know how to make a USB bootable Vista recovery . resaon beeing

I have tried all the normal ways to fix this crash
none have worked

I need to boot as soon as computer starts.

if that makes any scence.!!

Win Vista 32 bit
laptop

Sadly we dont have anyway to do this. You might be able to follow the instructions here:

http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2009/12/-the-usb-flash-drive.ars

That might allow for this to work.

I also have Vista and mine has crashed. I'm being told a number of different things. HP has told me that an update was not downloaded or that it couldn't be because Vista is not compatible with the latest update and I need to go to windows 7. Someone else told me it crashed because I did not have enough memory. I did a memory diagnostic test just before it crashed and it failed. Will the problem be solved if I just add more memory? And will I have to reinstall windows and if so can I install windows 7 instead? And can I use a windows 7 disc that is from a friends computer?

If the update was downloaded, it was for Vista and there is no reason to go to Win7 like the person from HP Said. They are just trying to sell you something. If the Memory Diagnostic failed, that means you have bad RAM and replacing it should correct your issues without having to update to Win7. Adding more memory wont solve the issue but replacing it as a whole should.

You will not have to reinstall Windows but you could just jump to Win7. You can use a friends disk, but you have to purchase your own copy to have a legit serial. The Disk is not tied to the serial in use. You wont have a serial for activation and will only have 30 days to use the software before it locks down on you. Purchase your own copy to prevent this.

Sadly we dont have anyway to do this. You might be able to follow the instructions here:

http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2009/12/-the-usb-flash-drive.ars

That might allow for this to work.

If the update was downloaded, it was for Vista and there is no reason to go to Win7 like the person from HP Said. They are just trying to sell you something. If the Memory Diagnostic failed, that means you have bad RAM and replacing it should correct your issues without having to update to Win7. Adding more memory wont solve the issue but replacing it as a whole should.

You will not have to reinstall Windows but you could just jump to Win7. You can use a friends disk, but you have to purchase your own copy to have a legit serial. The Disk is not tied to the serial in use. You wont have a serial for activation and will only have 30 days to use the software before it locks down on you. Purchase your own copy to prevent this.

Thank you! Sorry I started another thread. I am new and wasn't sure how to start a thread when I wrote my answer in thsi one.

Back