VISTA EASY BCD BOOT PROBLEM

Dear all,

first sorry for my english, I'm french.
I have installed esybcd some months ago and it was working fine .. Today I have removed some entries using the gui and I think I have done something wrong as I cannot boot anymore to VISTA.It says \Boot\bcd is corrupted or incorrect.
I have downloaded the VISTA rescue CD but :
- the automated repair is not working ..
- int he two remaining methods I cannot execute the following command
x:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt60 all /force

so procedure fails

any idea please?
PS: My vista is installed on D drive for the recovery console
Thanks in advance..

Sorry same issue

Hi,

sorry for late reply (christmas :smile: ).
windows 7 recovery DVD provide me exactly the same errors .bootsect is not available ... is it a path problem ?

thanks for your help ... I really don't want to re-install all my vista ...

Thanks in advance

JustinW

Super Moderator
Staff member
What does the command prompt open to? It should be X:\Sources (The CD). If not:

cd /d x:\sources

Than you can use bootsect.

Yes I'm on X:\sources
bootrec.exe /fixmbr says: operation completed successfully
when I tape x:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt60 all /force
i have the reply "the system cannot find the path specified"

I have tried with x and X

Terry60

Knows where his towel is.
Staff member
You must replace "x" with the letter that the booted CD sees itself as.
If you're not sure what that is, try
dir c:
then d: and so on through the alphabet until the directory list looks like the CD (with a "boot" folder)

boot vista

OK my mistake..
thanks it's f drive for me but the bootsec.exe is not present on the boot directory. I have only bootfix.bin , bcd and boot.sdi inside..
I have read the tuto again but I'm afraid that i have not understood the lines related to bootsect !!! I will try to translate again and will let you know.

Addendum:

I'm one step later :smile:

bootsect is working fine and says comletley successfully (I have run it via my D:tongueout:rogram files\Noesmart technologies\easybcd\bin directory)
BUT bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
discovers a windows installation on D: and request to add it into the the boot list but at this stage I have the followinf error message :
the volume does not contain a recognized file system .....

Best regards

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I have just joined NST. I have been having boot problem with my vista after installing dvd43. I have read several tutorials on this site and have gotten all the way to "del c:\boot\bcd" but I get "could not find c:\boot\bcd" error. I continued with the next command, "bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd" and I get the following:
Successfully scanned Windows Installation.
Total identified Windows installations: 0
The operations completed successfully.

If I try to boot, I get blue screen and system tries to reboot. And ends up on the options of Safe Mode and others. But cant boot into safe mode either.
Please help

Dear all,

my problem is fixed now (excpet that I have broken my ubuntu on my second HDD) ... and this second HDD is for the moment removed because it was part of the problem (I assume because it's a PATA and the 1st one is a SATA).

Churmana: sorry but are you sure that your windows partition is on C ? In my case when I was using the DVd my C was in fact D: and the X was F ??

Vincent