Vista EasyRE: The selected partition does not contain a valid windows installation

wammie

Hello,

Yesterday I purchased and downloaded the Vista recovery disk. When trying the automated repair, I get the message "the selected partition does not contain a valid windows installation." Also, the partition on which I tried the repair shows up as "Boot Volume" and is not listed as a "Windows Vista." Please assist. Thanks!

Hello,

Yesterday I purchased and downloaded the Vista recovery disk. When trying the automated repair, I get the message "the selected partition does not contain a valid windows installation." Also, the partition on which I tried the repair shows up as "Boot Volume" and is not listed as a "Windows Vista." Please assist. Thanks!

I'm having the exact same problem. Please help me, I'm afraid I will lose all my files (a lot of pictures). Thank you!

I am having the same issue with the automated repair and system restore saying I dont have a valid windows installation. Also, also says "boot volume" and not windows vista.

Please help!

Back