Vista Gadgets

Terry60

Telephone Sanitizer (2nd Class)
Staff member
Does anyone know what the little 8 button keypad under the X and the spanner is for ?
I have 6 gadgets and it's there (and non-functional) on all of them.
Incidentally, I can heartily recommend "Moon Phase II" for anyone interested in the exact current state of the moon (there are others, much smaller, but mere cosmetic approximations in comparison) and by the same author "Euro Lightning Monitor", which for anyone in this part of the globe, will show you lightning activity approaching your neighbourhood (and as a bonus, gives you desktop access to the MS "live map" global satellite imaging and mapping).

I thought that little box was used as a drag and dropping spot on the gadets since not all can be dragged adn dropped from anywhere. Using that allows me to grab, drag and drop every gadget.

I would need to see what it looks like since there's a contact list, picture puzzle, and a few other gadgets with small buttons. And who said you can't place gadgets on the desktop not just the sidebar in Vista?

The gadget that won't work here when going to use the sidebar is the temperature shown by WeatherBug. But that's a piece of garbage anyways and remains locked to MS's local weather. :lup:

Its a dragging handle. Useful on gadgets where you cannot just click on them anywhere to drag them. The wrench is for the gadgets settings.

PC not quite. Right click on it and select Options. There type in your zip code and click the magnifying glass. Then it will select your city.

weathergadget.png

As you see i have mine set just fine for my city. The sidebar gadgets are not locked to the sidebar. This was known a long time ago. Jsut drag and drop them off of the sidebar to the desktop. :wink:

Addendum:

Its a dragging handle. Useful on gadgets where you cannot just click on them anywhere to drag them. The wrench is for the gadgets settings.

Hey that is what i said. :tongueout:

Last edited:
Understandable. I do it all the time. Read the main post and forget to read teh answers already given. Bad habit i have to break it. :wink:

I already click the magnifier and the gadget simply isn't working on this installation. Remember I was dual booting with XP using the two sata drives while lately needing to plug the ide with Vista back in. That's the installation that was seeing problems with WMP 11 and other things I am working with at the moment until the HnS problem is figured out.

Back