Vista + Linux + OS X

Nnyan

Can EasyBCD handle a triple boot Vista x64, Linux and Mac OS X 10.4.8? Are there any guides to walk you through such a beast?

Thank you

Nnyan

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I already have Vista installed and don't really want to re-install that if I don't have to. Hope thats not a major issue.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Won't have to.
Just install OS X to its partition, boot into Vista, use EasyBCD to repair the Vista bootloader, and then go on to the next step :smile:

Nnyan

OK I'm finally getting around to doing this and just want to make sure I have this right.

I currently have 3 partitions on one hard drive. I have Vista x64 installed on the first partition. I should install OS X next on its partition, fix the bootloader finish the install instructions then follow the directions for installing Linux on the 3rd partition.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Hey Nnyan, haven't seen you for a while! Better late than never, I guess :smile: :lol:

Sounds about right - give it a shot, and let us know how it goes.

Nnyan

LOL yeah we just bought a new house and between work, the gym and all projects the wife has making it "ours" I'm running on negative time (26.5 hours stuffed into 24 = ). Been so bad that even though I got into the warhammer beta I haven't played it much at all.

Anyway gonna give this a whirl tonight (OSX at least) I'll post my notes (get ready for lots of questions!)

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Congratulations on the new house, Nnyan; that's nice!

Good luck with the OS X thing, hope it goes well.