VISTA...not starting right HELP!!!

Hey Guru...how are you doing????I saw an old post concerning Vista....Can I pick your brain???...My wife's laptop wouldn't start up other night....I was able to use safe mode and tried restore...same thing...tried to bring it back to the point where it last worked....I then thought I had won....but it still didn't work..the thing booted up, asked for her password and wouldn't go past that point....it got stuck in the welcome mode....tried that twice....then I tried the F-8 deal....tried to go into Startup Repair...I followed the instructions until it asked for the password.....all it said was USER(it didn't bring up her user name, nor gave a choice) ....my wifes password wouldn't work nor could she remember using any other....(some one did set up a few things at one point).....We don't want to start from scratch cause we haven't and are not in the position to backup everything.... she has a lot.....Is there a easy fix for this crap....

when the computer stopped working all she was doing is opening pictures I had e-mailed her from my web-cam.....

I'm sorry this has nothing to do with the thread but I wanted to talk with you...anhy help will be appreciated

glennthecarp

glennthecarp
user-online.png
1-Post Wonder

Join DateOct 2012Posts1​

Hey ...how are all you doing????Need some help concerning Vista....Can I pick your brain???...My wife's laptop wouldn't start up other night....I was able to use safe mode and tried restore...same thing...tried to bring it back to the point where it last worked....I then thought I had won....but it still didn't work..the thing booted up, asked for her password and wouldn't go past that point....it got stuck in the welcome mode....tried that twice....then I tried the F-8 deal....tried to go into Startup Repair...I followed the instructions until it asked for the password.....all it said was USER(it didn't bring up her user name, nor gave a choice) ....my wifes password wouldn't work nor could she remember using any other....(some one did set up a few things at one point).....We don't want to start from scratch cause we haven't and are not in the position to backup everything.... she has a lot.....Is there a easy fix for this situation ....

when the computer stopped working all she was doing is opening pictures I had e-mailed her from my web-cam.....

I'm sorry this has nothing to do with newer systems...but my wife is freaking out:tongueout:oint:...any help will be appreciated.....

glennthecarp

How might I get rid of this Vista virus our Mostly Harmless Computer Guru Sir....I(SHE) have Microsoft Security Essentials and it didn't pick anything up...any place online I could fix this???..It is still working with the Safe mode.... with internet...

Its funny...There was never a Administrative password put on her computer?? It still wont let us complete the Start up repair without a user password...there was never another (2nd) user on her machine....

It that the symptoms this virus causes...

I've downloaded the Vista password recovery CD( as you suggested) the cottonpickin thing would not work for some reason.....Boots up, but won't run on her machine....causes other issues
:frowning:

I even have the Blue screen STOP error message it spit out......What do I do with it???

can I shut off the driver that is preventing her system from starting normally....start up normal, then replace or fix the drive??

I know this stuff is all common sense, but I don't want to ruin her computer...

WHAT IS THE WORD~~~MR THUNDERBI
RD ?? GURU SIR:brows:

Sorry to bother you!!
tumbling toddler
glennthecarp

Back