Vista + OpenSuSE 10.3 Dual Boot

KIDRoach

I'm new to Linux and realized that there's EasyBCD when I first tried to install and uninstall Ubuntu.

Anyway, here's my problem, if anyone is willing to help:nerd:

I got tired of Ubuntu, it wouldn't detect my sound card, no sound was producing, so I tried OpenSuse. EasyBCD wouldn't detect my OpenSuSE.

I initially had Vista installed on my laptop. Then, I installed OpenSuse 10.3 after about three months. I already have a partition set up for it. However, I didn't choose to install any boot-loader, when OpenSuse asked what boot loader to install (There were three options, GRUB, LILO, neither). I chose to install neither because I've heard problems with GRUB being unable to detect Vista with OpenSuse :frowning:

Is there any way for EasyBCD to detect Linux without GRUB installed? I tried to tick the option where it says "GRUB not installed in bootsector", or something to that extent, but still couldn't boot into OpenSuse. The boot loader redirects me into GRUB, NeoGRUB i think, but was redirected into the text based, since I think, it couldn't find OpenSuse

Thanks

Last edited:
Back