Vista + OSX Dual Boot

Spades

Hi, Just wanna ask what will I do to make OSX work in the vista bootloader of EasyBCD:

There are a total of 2 entries listed in the Vista Bootloader.
Bootloader TimeOut: 5 seconds.
Default OS: Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate (recovered)

Entry #1

Name: Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate
BCD ID: {current}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe
Windows Directory: \Windows

Entry #2

Name: NST Mac OS X
BCD ID: {57aeb2e0-322b-11dc-8f34-963b56b5c63e}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \NST\nst_mac.mbr

you see, OS X is in drive C:, which is incorrect, and probably the Bootloader path too T_T.

I can't see the drive letter where OS X is installed, I believe it's in Disk 0, Partition 3. Based on Acronis DIsk Director.

I have tried this:

1. Fire-up EasyBCD, and navigate to the "Add/Remove Entries" screen.
  2. Select "Mac OS X" from the tabs at the top.
  3. From the platform drop-down list, select "Generic x86 Hardware"
  4. If you wish to change the name from the default "NST Mac OS X," you may do so now.
  5. Select "Auto-configure Mac Settings" and then hit "Add Entry" to finish up.
You can now reboot your PC, and select "NST Mac OS X" (or whatever you chose to call it) from the Vista bootloader. OS X should begin to boot immediately.

But I'm getting an error.. (I forgot what it is, i'll check it later..) where when you choose an OS, a notice will prompts up, and when you hit enter, you will go again to the boot selection..

Hi Spades,

Actually, the drive letter is correct; believe it or not. It's not the OS X drive letter, but the letter of your boot drive where the NST folder now resides.

(The "autoconfigure" button was removed from 1.6+, it's all automated now)

As for your issues - please check that error message and post it here so we can get to the bottom of this :smile:

I'll take a picture of the error later.

btw,

I've tried this:

bcdedit /copy {current} /d “Mac OS X”
bcdedit /enum active
bcdedit /set {ID OF YOUR OSX ENTRY} PATH \chain0

But everytime I choose Mac OS X, It only brings me back to the OS Selection menu.

You shouldn't have to do any of that, that's what EasyBCD is for :smile:
(and it ships with a specialized copy of chain0, too)

I have the same problem. I installed vista first and than osx. They are both in primary partitions. My partitions made by Gparted Live CD. I'm too depresed about this.

Back