Vista Recovery Disc and the Asus Aspire 5737z

kerosen

Hello.

My friend's PC is a Acer Aspire 5373z with Windows Vista Home Premium. I was told that one day it would simply not start. When I tried to start it I was met with a screen giving me the options of normal start of Windows or start a repair. The screen said there was a hardware or software failure.

Whatever option I choose I'm stuck at the green loading bar.

I downloaded the Windows Vista Recovery Disc from neosmart as a iso-file and burnt it with ImgBurn. I've configured the BIOS in the machine to first try to boot from optical drive. When I insert the burnt DVD I'm told to press any key to start from optical drive. Then comes up a black and white progress bar with "Windows loading files". At this point I can see the optical drive led blinking. After a few seconds the green bar comes up and now I don't see or hear any signs that the disc is read from. After half a minute the screen goes black and nothing more seems to happen.

Do you have any suggestions at a solution on this issue? Thanks for your time.

Hello kerosen,

Disable the hard drive in the boot sequence if you can, make sure the optical drive is first in the boot sequence, and try again.

Back