Vista, SoudMAX and Catalina

Akimoto

Hi guys,

I'm a bit desperate here, my boss is on me hard for this. Currently I'm trying to get Microsoft's IP Phone 'Catalina' to work. It's a rather neat plug and play. Acts like a speaker for the system and all. Only problem is, the thing won't work when we make calls i.e person to person.

1. I have tried updating the drivers for the soundMAX and the catalina itself- Updates, but no improvement
2. Disabled the default soundcard on the pc, forcing the com to use the Catalina as the sound card (per say). System sounds and the like play out, but during calls there is no sound.
3. I sent a mail to LG-Nortel and Microsoft concerning this matter, but no one seems to have come across this problem before. The Microsoft guy is on leave and by the time he is back, it would be too late.:evil:

It works on XP alright. The strangest thing is, it only works on three Vista systems. The settings are the same right down to the drivers. If my older collegues did something to make it work, they're not telling.:rage: We're running Vista Business N on d350 CMT PCs from HP.

Apprecaite any help and advice,
Akimoto

Okay well lets start with some basics. Have you set up the Speech on these PC's? Maybe that could have a effect on this. Since it isnt recognizing the Catalina as a device that can transfer speech.

Have you checked the sound properties within Vista to strictly use the Catalina? Under the Cnotrol Panel>Sounds? I know you said you disabled the onboard sound card but that may not fully force Vista to use the Catalina.

I have no experience whatsoever with Catalina and even thought this thread was about something else (actually, Catalina is the internal name for Tomcat, the open-source Java/JSP web server, which I could help you with :tongueout:) - but I'd try disabling the SoundMAX sound card from the device manager (i'm not clear on if that's what you did or not).

I have no experience whatsoever with Catalina and even thought this thread was about something else (actually, Catalina is the internal name for Tomcat, the open-source Java/JSP web server, which I could help you with :tongueout:) - but I'd try disabling the SoundMAX sound card from the device manager (i'm not clear on if that's what you did or not).

Catalina is also the name of an island. :grinning: But that aside, thanks for replying guys.

I disabled the SoundMAX card, still does not work. Concerning the Control Panel>Sounds, I took a gander at it. I went to Speech Recognition Options and have tried configuring the Catalina for Headset, Desktop and Other but still no results.

OK, well if the Catalina thing works for everything but making audio calls, I'd guess that there is a setting in the phone program itself that needs to be changed?

what sort of options do you have in the calling application with regards to audio input/output settings?

For instance, if you were using Skype you'd have a screen like this:
05-skype-options-sound-devices.png

Back