Vista sound issues

milesndm

Hello all, can some one help? I am on paltalk, and cant get my outgoing music to be heard. I can talk on the mic, and hear others talk but my music cant. I was told to dowload windows vista drivers for my sound card (realtek high def audio) but not sure how to go about it? Apparently this is a bug in vista? Thank you

ok now what

:tongueout: Ok now i have downloaded that file, are there any other steps? It looks like the sound is still not coming through in the chat rooms.

Also check the ports in the back. I know that with the Beta versions of Vista i had to use the kX Project drivers which switched the ports on the back of my sound card. I had to manually plug the outgoing sound into my mic slot. I knwo it sounds wierd.

But turn some music on and see if switching the plug from one port to the next gets you some sound. If so then there is 1 of 2 things wrong.

1. Plug in wrong port to begin with. I have done it several thousand times.
2. The drivers are buggy and switched the ports like they did in the Beta versions of Vista.

Either way is seems there is something wrong. Best bet if you have installed them, espically more than once, you might be having a driver conflict. If you had drivers previously installed and then installed these use Driver Cleaner Pro. Found here...
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

Install that and run it. Clean out all drivers that you know of. then try to install the drivers linked above again. If nothing then it seems there could still be a bad driver or driver conflict.

I HAVE VISTA HOME BASIC AND PLAY MUSIC ON PALTALK HOWEVER TO USE MIC I HAVE TO USE ONE SETTING AND STEREO MIX TO PLAY MUSIC I CANNOT DO BOTH USE MIC AND PLAY MUSIC WITH THE SAME SETTING I HAVE A REALTEK SOUNDCARD ON LAPTOP, AND A CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER EXTERNAL SOUNDCARD AND NEITHER WILL LET ME USE BOTH TOGETHER CAN YOU HELP ME TO DO THIS PLEASE

Back