Vista System Restore question

texyank

I downloaded and ran the Easy BCD Lite Recovery Essentials.

After running the automatic repair it now reports that there is no operating system. I have run it numerous times and still get the same result. Will running the System Restore option delete all my data? I suspect a partition failure.

I GOT THE VISTA RECOVERY DISC FROM THIS SITE... AND I RAN IT, AND NOW IT'S ASKING ME FOR THE INSTALLATION MEDIA FOR THE DEVICE... I'M LOST IN THE SAUCE!!!!

A.) The disk you downloaded is a System Repair Disk. It is not EasyBCD Lite or Lite Recovery Essentials. We only have had and only will have the Recovery Disks for Windows that we are authorized to sell as per our agreement with Microsoft.

B.) The disk only is used to fix boot problems. If you did not have boot problems to begin with; why did you buy the disk, download the disk, burn the disk and run the disk to begin with? That would be on you and not NeoSmart in any way for what has happened to your system. You failed to read what the disk was used for and decided to take everything into your own hands and caused this issue. Not NeoSmart or our media.

C.) A System Restore will not lose any of your data that was created before that restore point. If you have data that was created after that restore point date, that will be lost. Again not anything NeoSmart has control over. You the user have to setup System Restore for the appropriate time and dates you want the restore points to be created or create them manually. That is built directly into Windows and has nothing to do with this site at all. We are just here to assist people in booting issues and booting multiple OS's from a single source. Anything else is not our doing.

D.) The Media we offer is only a Recovery Media, it is not Installation Media. Yet again something that can be found all over these forums and within the blog of the site to explain that this is not install media but recover media. We cant help if you dont ask first or read all material available about the product.

What it doesn’t do: You cannot use the Windows 7 Recovery Disc to re-install Windows – it only fixes (not replaces!) Windows.

Back