Vista wont boot??

Bumpydog

Hello to you all, I am a new member and have been looking about for several hours for assitance. Your site looks a good set up and I have read through the help replies rather than just take up time asking. I have tried several of your topics however I still cant get this sorted. If you have time and can help then thank you.
Our son just turned off his mums laptop (Vista) whenever it starts up it tries to boot but wont.
these are the details from the start up repair. Sony Vaio Laptop

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairV2
Problem Signature 01: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6001.18000.0.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 6
Problem Signature 04: 3276848
Problem Signature 05: CorruptFile
Problem Signature 06: CorruptVolume
Problem Signature 07: 0
Problem Signature 08: 1
Problem Signature 09: Chkdsk
Problem Signature 10: 0
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033.
I did a did h/d check it found errors on it but still wont load. Tried using vista install disc several times but get bit lost on what to do next . D/L EasyBCD but cant load it into system.
I have tried Chdsk C/:f it said no bad sectors
I can get into C:/ promt but dont know what to add or input? as I have the discs and made your vists recovery disc.

Regards

Last edited:
Hello Bumpydog, welcome to NST,

Have a read over this. Startup repair may require you to try it a few times in order to fix everything, or for you to fix bad sectors on the disk before you can use it correctly. Try "chkdsk c: /r". Its a bit more useful but it'll take longer.

Hi kairozamorro

Thank you for looking over and replying to my post.
I have tried the chkdsk c: /r .
This did take more time covered more sectors however it still wont load OS. It stated that it failed to transfere log message log Status 50.
Also there was 2kb in bad sectors which I have seen stated when I did a test previously. Is there anything eles that I can look to carry out.

Regards

Last edited:
Back