vista xp dual boot isue

~Q~

Hi all.
Ok, ive got a toshiba l30 10y lappy, it came with vista basic installed, i wanted to dual boot it with XP pro, so i installed on a new partition {all went smoothly} I got it up and running & updated no probs.
Then i used bcd to "fix" the vista bootloader but {heres were i went wrong} i forgot to add XP to the boot list, so obviously when i restated i didnt get no boot options, vista just loads.

So i guess my question is... can i add xp to the list using bcd from within vista or do i have to reinstall xp to get back to where i was?
Im just not sure what to do and dont want to cripple the lappy by breakin vistas loader!

Any help appreciated.

Q

After loads and loads of trouble getting Vista/XP to dual boot, the 2.0 beta worked for me after I removed/added the XP entry and let it auto-configure.

After loads and loads of trouble getting Vista/XP to dual boot, the 2.0 beta worked for me after I removed/added the XP entry and let it auto-configure.

Hi pairdime...welcome to NeoSmart Technologies. :grinning:
That's great news! The auto-configurer for boot.ini makes the whole process of dual-booting Vista and XP a breeze....something that could not be said about a month ago, before the first beta build of EasyBCD came out with the autoconfig. :wink:

Happy dual-booting, and feel freee to stick around. :brows:

Jake

Back