Vista - XP - Ubuntu Boot Issue

I have read the Wiki and the Step-by-Step Ubuntu, and other articles, etc, etc., etc. but I am still unable to boot Ubuntu. Vista and XP boot OK. I've read and read and even reinstalled Ubuntu. I need HELP!

find / boot/grub/stage1
(hd0,4)
root (hd0,4)
setup (hd0,4)
setup (hd0,4)
quit

Adding Ubuntu to the Vista Bootloader: Steps 1 to 3.

Boots to Grub.

Thanks

Hi paschalleddie1. Welcome to NST.
Get EasyBCD 2.0 Beta. Go to the NeoGrub tab in the Add/Remove Entries section. Click on the Remove NeoGrub button if its already installed. Next, go to the Linux tab in the same section, and add a new entry for Linux, selecting "Grub" in the "Type" menu, selecting Drive 0, Partition 4 (which should show as a "Linux Native" partition) in the "Device" menu, and checking the box called "Grub isn't installed to the bootsector". This will install a version of NeoGrub that reads the menu.lst on the Ubuntu partition, and should boot fine when you select the new Linux entry at boot time. But if its not booting after that, then please post the menu.lst located at /boot/grub/menu.lst on your Ubuntu partition. To access it, you can boot from your LiveCD.

Cheers, and let us know how it goes.

-Coolname007

Last edited:
Problem Solved!

Thanks Coolname007! I should have asked for help earlier. I spent many hours trying to solve the problem.

Triple Booting!!!

Thanks Again

Back