W7 32 bit and W8.1 64 bit on an ASRock P67 Extreme4.

joeygun

I would like to set up dual booting on my ASRock machine. The MB is P67 Extreme4, latest version of BIOS. I've got W7 32 bit on my old SATA hard drive and recently set up W8.1 64 bit on a new SSD on the same machine. Now, in order to boot to the W7 drive, I have to open up the machine and disconnect the SSD - no getting to the machine BIOS even if I hold the F2 or DEL keys.

I would like to know if anybody has experience with this type of situation or knows definitively whether EasyBCD will handle this.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

joeygun

No uefi screen.

Have you tried disconnecting all boot devices? This will give you a better chance to catch the uefi function. If you get to the uefi screen check the USB mode chosen on the USB controller screen. On the HDD I think I read that SATA/IDE is the default so you might chk that the settings and hardware match. Once you get the system working as expected I wouldn't think EasyBCD would not work well.
Good luck.

I would like to set up dual booting on my ASRock machine. The MB is P67 Extreme4, latest version of BIOS. I've got W7 32 bit on my old SATA hard drive and recently set up W8.1 64 bit on a new SSD on the same machine. Now, in order to boot to the W7 drive, I have to open up the machine and disconnect the SSD - no getting to the machine BIOS even if I hold the F2 or DEL keys.

I would like to know if anybody has experience with this type of situation or knows definitively whether EasyBCD will handle this.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

joeygun

Back