W7/XP Dual Boot fail

wabbit

Considering that I did not want to pay for a Xbox USB wireless adapter, considering that they are way overpriced, and that I needed a new computer anyway, I went out and bought a net book. This net book came with Windows 7 Starter, and to my dismay, it does not support Network Bridging, and the only way to get it was to pay 100$ and upgrade.

Since I had a older computer with Windows XP on it, I remembered how it supported network bridging, and that Windows XP is not really all that demanding on a computer, I decided to install it onto my W7 net book. So I repartitioned my drive, installed Windows XP on it, and BAM, "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <Windows root>\system32\hal.dll".

Considering that it does not have a Disk drive, I searched around and discovered that it is possible to put a Windows 7 Recovery disk onto a USB drive, but my USB drive is only 2 gigabytes. Any ideas?

Oh, that would be a problem :/

In that case, yeah you should be able to get the W7 recovery booting from your USB stick, using EasyBCD to setup the flash drive. Copy the contents from the ISO to the flash drive.

You could also make things eaiser by getting an external disc drive :smile:

Back