what a crock

BigDick

I'm registered AND logged in, but still can't dl the 2.0 beta build. I mean what the F ?

Why not just have it available to ppl ?

Is it made of gold ?

I'm registered AND logged in, but still can't dl the 2.0 beta build. I mean what the F ?

Why not just have it available to ppl ?

Is it made of gold ?
What browser are you using?

Addendum:

Please don't double-post, spamless, OR create multiple accounts.
Thousands of other users have no trouble downloading the beta builds from that thread, so really no idea why you're experiencing difficulty..

Likely, a problem with the browser you're currently using.

Last edited:
He's right. For some reason build 76 uploaded with an error. I can access the other builds just fine but not the latest one. It asks me to login and than just keeps doing that and makes it appear as if I'm logged out. Click on link to go back to forum index and I appear logged in again :frowning:

He's right. For some reason build 76 uploaded with an error. I can access the other builds just fine but not the latest one. It asks me to login and than just keeps doing that and makes it appear as if I'm logged out. Click on link to go back to forum index and I appear logged in again :frowning:
Weird. :wtf: I just tried it myself, and build 76 downloaded fine. I have no such problem. I'm using FF. Are you using IE?

Last edited:
Yeah, but the other attachment links are working :wtf:
Well if you're having problems here's a link that does work.

Last edited:
Both the bottom link in the list and the big bold link work OK for me (from Maxthon), though I can see that they have different attachment numbers !?

Just tried the big link for the first time (I had always used the "attached" links before), from Vista, using FF (previously I had been using Ubuntu with FF), and it still downloaded fine. Strange that some people experience it, while others don't...

@ OP and Justin: Which link did you guys use? Did you try both?

Last edited:
Guys, because we're on slashdot I had to mess around with the server configuration so that it didn't bring the site down to its knees. It seems that it had some unwanted reprecussions, I shall fix them soon.

And, BigDick, if you can't learn to respect yourself you'll be IP-banned from these forums... have fun obtaining a copy of EasyBCD 2 then.

Addendum:

I have uploaded EasyBCD 2.0 Beta to the main HTTP server.

Use the big link when downloading from EasyBCD 2.0 Beta Builds - The NeoSmart Forums

Last edited:
The slightly modified link I posted above worked for me. I always use the link directly from the attachment section which didn't work last time I tried it. Anyway, looks like it doesn't matter now :smile:

What browser are you using?

Addendum:

Please don't double-post, spamless, OR create multiple accounts.
Thousands of other users have no trouble downloading the beta builds from that thread, so really no idea why you're experiencing difficulty..

Likely, a problem with the browser you're currently using.

Excuse me? That slack-mouthed poster has nothing to do with me. Nor did I double-post. Of course I did not create multiple accounts. I don't know if you are part of the forum administration or merely another poster making an off-the-cuff accusation. In either case, I expect an apology. If you are part of the site you ought to know better and check the IP addresses or blocks. Mine will show I'm coming from Germany.

I was glad to find this product and glad to use it. I am also happy to participate in the forum and report bugs as I see them. Had you paid attention to my original article you would have seen that I did state what browser I was using: MSIE 8 in a lock-stock new Windows 7 (32-bit) installation. As I later did post, I was able to get the file with Google Chrome, which is also what I am using now. (This is a different computer, and runs 64-bit; otherwise, the setup is similar.) Read the follow-ups to my thread. You will find others with similar trouble downloading that file.

By the way, I am having trouble now getting these pages to update. I click to preview the post and it waits interminably for the server. I have interrupted it a couple of times now trying to get it to work as expected. I've now logged in with MSIE 8, 64-bit, and re-entered this post that I could not get to submit properly in the Chrome window (also still open at this moment on this computer).

Spamless

Hi spamless,
don't blame Jake. Users have no access to each others IPs.
He guessed (wrongly as it happens) that 2 nearly identical posts, submitted at nearly the same time, were probably from one person, and since the first was less than temperate in its tone, and he came across yours subsequently, he replied to you with a response intended for the other party.

I take some blame. I thought the same thing initially, but having checked that you were 2 users, not 1, I failed to point it out in response to Jakes post, leaving him in the dark.
For that I appologise, and I'm sure Jake meant no disrepect to you.

Sorry you're still having performance problems with the site. The wiki is back onlne for me now, having been unavailable most of yesterday. Unfortunately CG is very busy, and is the only site administrator, so when he's not around, there's nobody else who can fix such problems.

We all hope that the heavy site traffic which has caused the problems will subside soon.

Meanwhile, I hope you stick around, and hopefully find things will calm down eventually.

Hi Spamless,

We appreciate your input and feedback, please keep it coming.

I know the server is acting really, really weird and I'm working on it. I've had to do a number of things to get it to stay running and they weren't all to its liking.

Excuse me? That slack-mouthed poster has nothing to do with me. Nor did I double-post. Of course I did not create multiple accounts. I don't know if you are part of the forum administration or merely another poster making an off-the-cuff accusation. In either case, I expect an apology. If you are part of the site you ought to know better and check the IP addresses or blocks. Mine will show I'm coming from Germany.
Sorry for that, I apologize. Its just there were 2 nearly identical posts made close to the same time (yours and his), and I thought maybe you had created another account, and made a new post, reporting the same problem (this time in an angrier tone). As it is, once again sorry for the false accusation.
I was watching the other thread you posted in, but to my knowledge, you didn't post the browser you were using before I made the post above...

I'm not a moderator on this site, just another user who likes to help out.

Sorry for that, I apologize
I was watching the other thread you posted in, but to my knowledge, you didn't post the browser you were using before I made the post above...

Okay, thank you, and apology accepted. Thanks to the moderators for their words as well. But is it going backward to admit that I chuckled at the OP's choice of words? (I'd put a smiley¹ here if I were not constitutionally opposed to peppering sites with them.)

Last line of my original post, for the record:
I cleared browser history, but that didn't help. I'm in a stock Win 7 RC 32-bit build with all pertinent Windows updates and using MSIE 8. Help!

Spamless (and you can find me on Twitter as well)

[ ¹ Dear moderators, pelase note the spelling: "smiley," "smileys." See, e.g., http://www.answers.com/topic/smiley. :wink: ]

P.S. Google Chrome is still hanging trying to quote and reply to articles. I'm using MSIE 8 again now.

Back