What BIOS do i use for my updated laptop?

kewein

My old Compaq cq61 hasnt turned on for weeks, and has been doing the BIOS keyboard flashes when i try to start it up.
When i went on the HP help website, they say to download the relevant bios onto a flashdrive, plug it into your laptop and turn it on. But, the only options for bios are windows 7 32 bit, and windows 7 64 bit.
I upgraded to windows 10 for free when they were offering it a while ago, and i think that if i download the bios on the page, it won't run Windows 10 anymore?
Does anyone know which BIOS i should grab? Can i grab any windows 10 bios from other laptops, or will that not work for my compaq?
Im really clueless here, and not confident that anyone would have a meaningful answer

Depending on your PC, the BIOS download may be a bootable ISO image or for use on a bootable CD/USB/floppy or it may be an executable that will run on your PC.

You cannot grab the BIOS for any other PC, you should grab the one specifically for your model number.

If you have Windows 10 32-bit, you can probably use the Windows 7 32-bit download. If you have Windows 10 64-bit, you can probably use the Windows 7 64-bit download.

Back