What Should I Do If I Forget My Outlook PST Password?

kethcharles

New Member
I recently found a backup PST file from an older Outlook account, but it is password-protected and I no longer remember the password. I mainly need to retrieve the emails from the file without modifying or corrupting the original data.

Are there any safe ways to recover access to a password-protected PST? I came across SysTools PST Password Recovery as one possible option, but I would prefer to hear from people who have actually used it before deciding whether it is suitable.
 
If you forgot your Outlook PST password, the best option is to remove the Outlook PST password. To remove or reset the password instead of trying to guess it. First, keep a backup of the original PST, then use a trustworthy PST password remover tool that ensures it safely resets the Outlook file password. I used GainTools PST Password Recovery Software, which can help remove or reset the password from a password-protected PST.

You just have to add the PST file, choose Remove Password or Reset Password, and process it. After that, open the PST in Outlook and check your emails and folders.

This works for a healthy PST file. If the PST is corrupted, you may need a PST repair tool instead.
 
Back
Top