which Utility software can EasyBCD program be categorized to?

Hi,

According to wikipedia.org, I know that utility software can be categorized into some categories.

However, I didn't find EasyBCD program fits to any category of those listed in the Wikipedia.

Thus, could you let me know what suitable utility category can be fit for EasyBCD?
Although I didn't see any utility software category named with 'Disk Editors' or 'Partition editor', I can say that 'EasyBCD' program can fit to be classified to 'Disk Editors'.

Last edited:
Boot Manager would be the most apt but Wikipedia seems quite happy with the listing as far as I can see.
They don't really have categories, that I've noticed anyway.
EasyBCD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

I should add the best person to answer that is the software developer. But not sure he's in today.

Boot Manager would be the most apt but Wikipedia seems quite happy with the listing as far as I can see.
They don't really have categories, that I've noticed anyway.
EasyBCD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

I should add the best person to answer that is the software developer. But not sure he's in today.

Thank you so much indeed,

What is meant wtih 'Boot Manager would be the most apt'
No Utility category is here, which can let me say 'EasyBCD program fits to it.

EasyBCD is a program developed by NeoSmart Technologies to configure and tweak the Boot Configuration Data (BCD), a boot database first introduced in Windows Vista. EasyBCD can be used to set up multi-boot environments for computers on which some versions of Windows, Linux, BSD and Mac OS X can be simultaneously installed; EasyBCD can also be used for adding entries to bootable tools and utilities, as well as modifying and controlling the behavior of the Windows boot menu in certain releases. As of June 20, 2011 with the release of EasyBCD 2.1, it is no longer free for use in commercial environments which require the purchase of a paid license, however it remains free for home and non-profit use without limitations.[SUP][2][/SUP]

You asked what category and I answered "Boot Manager".

To be honest with, I am trying to classify all my programs saved (as an archived programs) in my external hard disk into specified categories(For instance,
1- HardDrive letter assigned to my external Dirve\System software\Utility software\ Antivirus software

2- HardDrive letter assigned to my external Dirve\System software\Utility software\ Backingup software
3- HardDrive letter assigned to my external Dirve\System software\Utility software\ Optical disc software
4- HardDrive letter assigned to my external Dirve\System software\Utility software\
Disk partitions software
5- HardDrive letter assigned to my external Dirve\System software\Utility software\ Boot Manager software

Also, I am trying to classify all my bookmarks saved in my browsers as well as I make subfolders named with software category names to whose comunities I am registered a in my Hotmail account, thus any reply received from that community will be moved to the suitable subfolder.(you can say that I am Do you think there are other programs can be apt for Boot Manager. Wikipedia didn't list such category?

I think there are some other programs having mulit-function, which can also fit to 'Boot Manager'.? Do remember any other programs that can only fit to boot manager Category?

For instance, I think that Macrium Reflect which is designed to imaging, cloning disk, and backing up data. However, it has its WinPE-based Rescue disc, which has an option to Fix Boot Errors. Thus, I think that Macrium Reflect can fit into 'Backup software' Category, and into 'Boot Manager' Category.

Well it's entirely your choice of course. I suppose you could file EasyBCD in "Utilities". Sorry I've never classified my software into categories, just keep them in the Download folder. Some, that often update, I don't keep the installers at all.

Thanks a lot,
It is not just a matter of listing my programs in categories, but it helps also me to recognize, and keep abreast with the new terms in grouping the software. If it were not helpful to category those programs into categories, then Wikipedia wouldn't have listed those categories.
Weipedia said"
System Software Divided into:
Utility software
Drivers
Operating systems

Utility software itself divides into some other categories:
Thus,
If we consider EasyBCD is in the boot manager category which is definitely not listed in Wikipedia classification.

I think there are some other programs having mulit-function, which can also fit to 'Boot Manager'.? Do you remember any other programs other than EasyBCD that can only fit to boot manager Category?

For instance, I think that Macrium Reflect which is designed to imaging, cloning disk, and backing up data. However, it has its WinPE-based Rescue disc, which has an option to Fix Boot Errors. Thus, I think that Macrium Reflect can fit into 'Backup software' Category, and into 'Boot Manager' Category.

Last edited:
That's Wikipedia's choice. You can choose what you want. Then EasyBCD would come under Utility Software as would Macrium Reflect, most definitely.

That's Wikipedia's choice. You can choose what you want. Then EasyBCD would come under Utility Software as would Macrium Reflect, most definitely.
Thanks a lot,
Yes, but as I said that 'Utility software' is just a main category under system software.
Thus, Utlity software can be devided into many other sub categories:
Thus, you think there are some other programs like EasyBCD which can be in boot manager software category.

Probably there are but to be honest I don't have time to check all these things.

It's up to you how you do it.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot,
But you think I can ask any computing question(computing issue) in this forum of yours. I don't think so. Thus, even your forum is classified by categories. Main Forum> EasyBcD forum, and so on.

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

Take your pick:

Utilities\System Utilities
Utilities\Boot Manager
Since software divides into application and system software. Then System software divides into Operationg system, Utlity software, Drivers, Framwares. Then, I will take System software\Utilities \Boot Manager\EasyBCD

Are there other Boot Managers other than EasyBCD?

These sections are for general questions:
Capture.JPG

As far as talking about rival software, no this isn't the place for that. That's up to you to research online.

Back