Why isn't my iReboot icon showing in Windows 7?

rdunton

I have a triple boot system with Ubuntu, Windows 7, and Windows XP. The icon is showing up in Windows XP, but not Windows 7. I have checked the Task Manager in Windows 7 and iReboot.exe is loading, but there is no icon. The only way for me to get an icon is to run iReboot again. iReboot is a very useful program, but it works best when the tray icon loads properly. Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.

Last edited:
Open up the Notification area Icon panel in the Control Panel. There make sure that iReboot is listed to show icon and notifications at all times. It is most likely set to show notifications only as per the default of Win7.

If explorer.exe crashes and/or is restarted after iReboot is running, this might also occur.

Open up the Notification area Icon panel in the Control Panel. There make sure that iReboot is listed to show icon and notifications at all times. It is most likely set to show notifications only as per the default of Win7.

When you click to get the system tray popup, in the bottom of that Window, you will see Customize. If I click on that, another window pops up. I scroll down to iReboot and it shows 'Show icon and notifications'. Is that what I should be seeing? Is there something else I have to change?

That is what you should be seeing. If you see it say show icon and notification then it should show by your clock at all times. Like Guru said explorer.exe might have crashed, if that is the case only a reboot will fix it.

Back