Win 7 recovery Disc Issues: H E L P ~

angevin

The computer I have came originally boxed with Vista 64bit, I updated at the Microsoft store about a Month or so ago to Win 7. No probs!

I am about to add some hardware and think that I may need a recovery disc, So I have been trying to create one this a.m.

In my attempts to create a recovery disc via Win 7, I get an error 0x80004005.

So after two attempts I turned to the Net, found a wonderful little program to aid me, seemed to be working, but in the verify stage of the recovery disc creation, same error appeared.

I'm not a command line geek, but did manage to run a disk check and a scannow command, and no errors were found.

Any ideas how I can go about repairing this error issue? AND/OR create the disc?

Links or suggestions greatly appreciated!:smile:

Thanks in advance, tom

angevin

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
What are you using to burn? We recommend ImgBurn.

angevin

Burn issue ya think? I'll go and try another one and get back to you. I was using the Windows player~

thnx~t

Addendum:

What are you using to burn? We recommend ImgBurn.
Worked!! YAY!! No, I have no idea why it worked, but I will say, I've never seen a more completely competent interface than IMG burn, for burning info~

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer and guide me thru my Win7 experience!

cheers, tw

Last edited:

JustinW

Super Moderator
Staff member
Windows player? You mean Windows Media Player? Yeah, thats just for burning your music to disc.

Terry60

Knows where his towel is.
Staff member
In W7, there is (for the first time in a Windows OS) an ISO burner.
Just click on any .iso file and , provided you don't have a third party app which has grabbed the .iso filetype, you'll automatically enter the "Windows Disc Image Burner"