Win Vista keeps crashing. No Vista Installation CD. Tried Recovery file from Neosmart

Michele

Hi,

Could someone please help me?
Just a bit of background to my problem. My laptop keeps crashing and have gotten that blue screen of death (also happens in Safe Mode). Even when i login to windows normally, it says Vista is not registered.

I've downloaded the Vista 32 bit Recovery Disk file from the Neosmart website, burnt vso image to cd and booted from cd (after tapping the F9 key). "Windows is loadng files" message appears on screen. When that is finished the following screen message appears:

Windows Boot Manager
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem.... (then goes on to say you need the Windows installation disc which i don't have as it was preinstalled on my ASUS laptop).

Further info is presented;

File: \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe
Info: The file is possibly corrupt. Its header checksum does not match the computed checksum.

Could someone please provide assistance? I don't know what's wrong with my laptop.

I just want to reinstall Win Vista and have my laptop back & running.

Thanks!

Our recovery disc cannot be used for re-installs. I would try out booting the recovery disc on another computer to see itf the download was possibly bad. You'll need to borrow a Vista disc from a friend and use your serial key for install or contact your OEM or buy a new copy from the store if you plan on simply reinstalling.

Back