Win7 bootable installation disk burned from ISO is empty!!!

I made an ISO from windows7 installation files who were on USB flash drive, using the program imgburn

Im not 100% sure if I made it correctly but I followed instructions. I think I chose a file called etfsboot.com as the boot image.

Then I tried to make DVD bootable installation disk by burning the bootable ISO on DVD using imgburn or Nero and all were burned successfully. But all seem empty!!!

What on Earth is happening?! I destroyed all my blank DVDs.

When I tried to boot from cd/dvd on plop boot manager it recognizes this is a bootable disk but black screen with white dot blinking and nothing happens.

Please help

Last edited:
Assuming that the USB image is bootable and will correctly install Windows 7 all you need to do is transfer its entire contents to the DVD.
Whatever you did isn't correct.

Assuming that the USB image is bootable and will correctly install Windows 7 all you need to do is transfer its entire contents to the DVD.
Whatever you did isn't correct.

It was not USB image, it was bootable USB (containing installation files) made from the original ISO I had downloaded from the internet

Did you extract the ISO BEFORE making the bootable USB? You don't do that, it wont work. Let IMGBURN set at its defaults do it from the unmounted ISO

Did you extract the ISO BEFORE making the bootable USB? You don't do that, it wont work. Let IMGBURN set at its defaults do it from the unmounted ISO
Yes, I did it as you say.
Finally I downloaded another ISO and except of burning with imgburn I also did verification and the win7 installation DVD was successfully made and is visible.

But! I tried to boot from the win7 installation disk on the plop boot manager choosing boot from CD and even if it was detected as bootable I keep seeing a black screen with white dot blinking.

Do I need a diskette?

Back